Last Updated on 20/05/2023 by Mitchel Shawn
Stainless steel grill grates are a popular choice for many homeowners because they are durable and easy to clean. However, if you don’t clean your grill grate regularly, it can become stained and difficult to clean. In this article, we will show you how to clean your stainless steel grill grate so that it looks like new.
Importance of having a clean stainless steel grill grate
We know how stubborn it can be to have a clean stainless steel grill grate. Nevertheless, it’s essential to have a clean steel grill grate. Here are the reasons why:
1. Efficiency Booster
Greases or remaining from earlier preparations will often halt the overall efficiency of your grill grate. Having a clean steel grill grate can fasten the process of grilling, utilizing optimum heat without being wasted.
2. Promotes Hygiene
Black or burnt grates are often habitats for growing bacteria and fungus. These tiny orgasms can cause serious food poisoning and make people die ill.
You don’t want to turn your barbeque festival into hospital beds, right?
3. Increases Durability
Regularly cleaning your stainless steel grill grates increases their life expectancy to many years. And, we all want to make sure the money we invest in hardworking pays in the long run.
4. No Risk of Smoke
It’s a widespread scenario to see the rise of flames before your eyes just the moment you fire it up. Unnecessary smoke and burned sensation accompany it all the way. Cleaning your grill grates regularly will make sure this doesn’t happen.
5. Fresh Food All the Way
With poorly cleaned grill grates, your food will taste bitter and damp. Who doesn’t want this kind of disaster after going through days of hard work? By cleaning your stainless steel grill grate properly, this can be avoided. And the food you serve will always feel fresh and savory.
These are some of the reasons why you need to clean the stainless steel grill grate properly. Most of them are for maintaining proper hygiene of your table and creating a fresh impression about the environment.
Things You Need to Clean Stainless Steel Grill Grate
Before you jump into the procedures, these are things you’ll need with you
- Aluminum Foil
- Baking Soda and Vinegar
- Sponge or soft towel
- A large bowl
- Grill cleaner spray or dishwashing liquid/bar.
- Sturdy and top quality grill brush.
- Large spoon (chemically inactive)
Best way to clean grill grates stainless steel
The incredible fact about stainless steel grill grates is that they’re less vulnerable to rust and erosion and can highly endure high heat. This makes it easier for you to clean them.
Here are some reliable methods you can apply to clean your stainless steel grill grate.
Method 1: High Heat Therapy
Heat always makes it easier to burn any dirt out. Follow these steps to carry out the entire process smoothly:
- Wrap it With Aluminum Foil
When we said heat therapy, we didn’t mean to burn it all down. It comes with a step-by-step process. First of all, wrap your grate with premium aluminum foils. Carefully, close the lid.
- Set High Heat Temp
Now it is time to work with heat. Set the temperature of your burner to 260-290°C. Place the foiled grill grates over the burner and leave it there for 15 minutes. No need to change sides or stir the grates. This will make the remaining former traces fragile and brittle. Once you’re done, clean it with a premium brush or brush that is specially made for grates.
Method 2: Baking Soda and Detergent Solution
This is one of the easiest ways to clean a burnt and greasy grill grate. It is also called ‘soaking or bathing’ of grates. To make it work, here are the steps that you must follow:
- First of all, you’ll need a large container. Make sure your grate fits inside it.
- Fill the container with enough hot water. Your grill grates need to be soaked in water completely.
- Don’t pour hot grill grates inside the tub. Always avoid cleaning your grate right after you’ve finished grilling. Let it cool down completely before cleaning.
- Drop 60ml of a powerful liquid dishwasher in the water. Also, add 15 ml of baking soda to it.
- Stir the mixture with a large spoon. Keep it stirring until there’re bubbles in the water.
- Soak the grill grates inside the tub. Leave it for 6-12 hours. If you need it urgently, only 1-2 hours of soaking will do.
- Once you’re done, take out the grates and rub them with a quality sponge.
- Lastly, wash it with clean water and let it dry before finally putting it into use. You can also use a fresh dry cloth to wipe the grill grates. But do ensure that pieces of fabrics do not add to the grates and find their way into the foods.
How to clean bbq stainless steel grill grates
It’s that time of year again! Time to break out the BBQ and get grilling! But before you fire up the grill, you’ll need to give it a good cleaning – and that means paying special attention to those stainless steel grill grates. Here’s how to clean bbq stainless steel grill grates so they’re ready for action:
- Remove the grates from the BBQ.
- Place them in a sink or large bucket.
- Cover them with hot water and a squirt of dish soap.
- Let them soak for a few minutes.
- Use a stiff brush to scrub away any stubborn food or grease.
- Rinse the grates well with hot water.
- Place them back on the BBQ and turn it on to high heat.
- Close the lid and let the grates heat up for a few minutes.
- Turn off the BBQ and let the grates cool completely.
- Once they’re cool, give them a final rinse with hot water and they’re ready to use!
How to clean rust off stainless steel grill grates
If you’re like most people, you love the taste of food cooked on a grill. But, over time, your grill grates can become covered in rust. Not only does this affect the taste of your food, but it can also be dangerous, as rust can flake off into your food.
So, how do you clean rust off stainless steel grill grates? Here are a few tips:
- Use a wire brush
One of the best ways to remove rust from your grill grates is to use a wire brush. This will help loosen the rust and make it easier to remove.
- Use vinegar
Vinegar is a great natural rust remover. Simply soak a cloth in vinegar and then use it to scrub the rust off your grill grates.
- Use baking soda
Baking soda is another great natural rust remover. Make a paste with baking soda and water and then use it to scrub the rust off your grill grates.
- Use a commercial rust remover
If you can’t get the rust off with natural cleaners, you can try using a commercial rust remover. Be sure to follow the instructions on the product and use it in a well-ventilated area.
- Replace the grill grates
If your grill grates are severely rusted, it might be time to replace them. This is usually a pretty easy process and you can find replacement grill grates at most hardware stores.
Cleaning rust off stainless steel grill grates can be a bit of a hassle, but it’s important to do if you want to keep your grill in good condition. Following these tips should help make the process a little easier.
How do you clean weber stainless steel grill grates
If you have a Weber stainless steel grill, you know how great they are at holding heat and searing meat. But, like any grill, they need to be cleaned regularly to prevent rust and build-up. Here are some tips on how to clean your Weber stainless steel grill grates.
- Use a stiff wire brush to remove any food or grease that is stuck to the grates. You can also use a putty knife or other blunt object to scrape off any stubborn bits.
- Once you have removed all the debris, rinse the grates with warm water.
- In a bucket, mix together 1/4 cup of baking soda and 1 gallon of water. Submerge the grates in the mixture and let them soak for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the grates from the baking soda mixture and rinse them with warm water.
- Dry the grates with a clean towel or let them air dry.
Now your Weber stainless steel grill grates are clean and ready for your next BBQ!
How to clean napoleon stainless steel grill grates
If your stainless steel grill grates are looking a little worse for wear, don’t worry – they can be cleaned up easily with a little elbow grease and the right products. Here’s how to clean your Napoleon stainless steel grill grates so they look like new again:
- Start by removing the grates from your grill. If they’re particularly dirty, you may want to soak them in hot, soapy water for a few minutes first.
- Scrub the grates with a stiff wire brush to remove any stuck-on food or grease.
- Rinse the grates well and dry them with a clean cloth.
- Apply a thin layer of cooking oil to the grates using a paper towel. This will help to prevent them from rusting.
- Replace the grates on your grill and you’re ready to cook!
Cleaning your grill grate is important, but you should be careful not to do it too often. If you clean the grate too frequently, you can actually damage the finish.
Only clean the grate when it is necessary. If you see any rust or other build-up, you should clean it immediately. Otherwise, you can wait until the build-up becomes severe before cleaning it. In addition, you should never use harsh chemicals or abrasives on your stainless steel grill grate. These can damage the finish and cause it to become dull.
Tips & Tricks:
- If your grill grate is particularly dirty, you may need to scrub it with a wire brush before cleaning it with soap and water.
- To prevent your grill grate from rusting, make sure to dry it completely after cleaning it.
- If you have a self-cleaning oven, you can use the self-clean cycle to clean your grill grate. Simply place the grate in the oven and run the cycle according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If your grill grate is made of cast iron, it is important to season it regularly. This will help to prevent rust and make it easier to clean.
There’re no alternatives other than keeping your stainless steel grill grates always clean and neat for a healthy serving.
In our article, we’ve mentioned two of the easiest ways for you to know how to clean stainless steel grill grates. There’re plenty of other methods as well that may seem time-consuming and difficult for many.
If you find our article useful, do let us know and share it with your friends and family before the next upcoming barbeque party.
Are you really enjoying different types of dishes and love to make tours several times? Grilling something is the core of enjoyment if you make fun with friends & family.
However Hungry Grills is most trustable yet in shares knowledge about Grills and its related chop chop job & making loyal reviewed to readers.