Last Updated on 26/01/2022 by Mitchel Shawn
If you are conscious about your health, then you should always make sure that your foods and cooking items are neat and clean. Same, if you are a grill lover, and use grills regularly, then you should keep clean your grill too. Because of, you know- every grill grate is not made by stainless steel sometimes you’ll find colored/polished grill grate. For those, you’ve to take extra care to make them more durable and longer lifespan.
However, If you’ve hurry and want to know Do you know the necessary things to clean the grill grate except for the grill brush? Let’s continue!
To clean a grill, a grill brush is one of the most important things that you should have. But, what if you don’t have it- How do you clean the grill?
Don’t worry. Let’s make it simple. The grill brush is not the only option to clean.
How to Clean a Grill Grate Without a Brush?
Right now, we are going through easy and simple ways to clean the barbecue grates without using any grill brush. Because the things or items that we are going to talk about are easy to find even at your home. Here, they are-
Process 1- Cleaning the Grill Using a Half Onion
Does it sound strange to clean the grill with a half onion? Yes, it is possible. You can do it just by using an onion.
- Take a leftover or half onion and a barbeque fork
- It will better perform when it is hot enough
- Spear the half onion on a fork of barbeque
- Make sure that you are scrubbing the grill with the cut side of the onion
- The acidic enzyme of the onion will help to clean the grease from the grill
- But, be careful about your hand because the grill will be hot
Process 2- Using Aluminum Foil
You can simply clean the grill’s grate steel by using the aluminum foil that you cook with.
- Take an aluminum foil and grab a handful
- Make the foil as a ball
- Use the grill tongs to hold the foil while scrubbing the grill
- You can reuse the aluminum foil because you are going to use the cooking one
Process 3- Cleaning Process Using a Nylon Scouring Pad
It will give you a fast and easy cleaning. Here, are the tips for using a scouring pad-
- Collect a scouring pad that is available in the market. So, you can easily pick it up
- The pad is available in many shapes and sizes. You can choose any of them. But, we would suggest collecting a bigger one. Because that will give easy and fast clean
- The next thing, you just simply need to scrub the grill with it
- Now use fresh water and wipe out the water with a dry cloth
Process 4- Use of Steamer
A steamer is also an option to clean a grill. Let’s find out how-
- Do you have a portable steamer at your home? If you have it then let’s move to the next step
- You have to bring it out to the outdoor where the grill is set
- A steamer is a better option for cleaning your grill compared to using cloths
- Then, steam the grill. That will help you to make it easy to remove the dirt just using a cloth by simply scrubbing it
- After removing the dirt use fresh water and make it dry.
Process 5- Mixer of Ammonia & Vinegar
You can use ammonia and vinegar to clean grill grates without a wire brush. Here, are some tips for using it-
- You need to collect three cups of ammonia, one cup of baking soda, and three cups of white vinegar
- Then keep your grill in a trash bag
- The next thing is that you have to put the mixture of ammonia, vinegar, and baking soda in the bag
- This will remove all the dirt from the grill for sure
- You have to keep it like this for 24 hours, then wash it with water
- Then, wipe out the water with a cloth.
Advanced Cleaning (Using Oil)
If you want to make your grill cleaning more easy and fast then, you may use oil in advance before cooking. It will make your cleaning task easy and also your cooking task will be easy too. You just need to use a paper towel to rub the oil in all the grill grates before starting cooking. Isn’t it amazing?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is it important to clean a grill grate?
It is important because the clean grill grates will prevent rust. It will also save your cooked foods from getting touched by rust. It is directly connected to our health issues.
How to oil your grill grates?
Answer: You can follow these steps to oil your grill grates. Here, they are-
- Collect oil, paper towel, and tongs
- Stick the towel with the grill tongs and submerge the towel in the oil
- Then, simply rub the oiled on the grill grates.
Finally, we discussed the simplest and easiest ways- How to Clean a Grill Grate Without a Brush. Moreover, with a brush, you can clean the grill more properly and easily. Actually, it is connected to our health so we should not compromise with it.