What You Will Need
|Chicken split half (with skin on)
|2 halves (about 1.5 to 2 pounds each)
|Red chili powder
|Fresh cilantro (for garnish)
Marinating the Chicken
- Clean the chicken split halves thoroughly and pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the plain yogurt, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, ground turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala, ground cumin, coriander powder, and salt.
- Coat the chicken halves with the yogurt marinade. Ensure that the marinade is rubbed well under the skin and inside the cavities for maximum flavor.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or transfer the chicken and marinade into a large Ziploc bag.
- Refrigerate and let the chicken marinate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight for the flavors to properly infuse.
Grilling the Chicken in the Oven
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Take the marinated chicken out of the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes before cooking.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and place a wire rack over it. This will help to collect any drippings and keep the chicken elevated, allowing for even cooking.
- Optional: For a crispier skin, you can lightly brush the chicken with olive oil before placing it on the rack.
- Place the chicken split halves skin-side up on the wire rack and put them in the oven.
- Grill the chicken for 45-55 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (75 degrees C), when checked with a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken, not touching the bone.
- Halfway through the cooking process, baste the chicken with its own juices to keep it moist.
- If you desire a more charred exterior, you can switch to the broiler setting during the last few minutes of cooking, watching closely to prevent burning.
- Once done, remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. This will help the juices redistribute throughout the meat for a moister chicken.
Place the beautifully grilled chicken on a serving platter and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro. Serve hot with a variety of sides such as:
- Naan bread or rice
- Steamed or grilled vegetables
- A side of tangy mint-coriander chutney
- A refreshing cucumber raita
Frequently Asked Questions On How To Grill Chicken Split Half In Oven Indian Recipe
What Is A Chicken Split Half?
A chicken split half is a chicken that has been cut lengthwise into two equal halves, typically including a breast, wing, thigh, and drumstick.
How Long To Cook Chicken Split In Oven?
Cooking time varies, but typically a chicken split half should be roasted at 375°F (190°C) for 45-60 minutes.
Is Grilling Chicken In The Oven Healthy?
Grilling chicken in the oven can be a healthier option as it requires less oil and retains more nutrients compared to frying.
What Spices Go Well With Indian Grilled Chicken?
Classic Indian spices include cumin, coriander, turmeric, garam masala, ginger, and garlic, creating a flavorful marinade.
Mastering the art of grilling chicken split half in the oven with an Indian twist is both delicious and rewarding. With these simple steps and flavorful ingredients, you’re well on your way to impressing friends and family with your culinary skills. So fire up that oven, sizzle away, and enjoy the mouthwatering results of your efforts. Keep experimenting and happy grilling!
Are you really enjoying different types of dishes and love to make tours several times? Grilling something is the core of enjoyment if you make fun with friends & family.
However Hungry Grills is most trustable yet in shares knowledge about Grills and its related chop chop job & making loyal reviewed to readers.